Any search engine marketing agency knows that it is equally, if not more, important to provide quality content to the audience. Here are some of the best practices in content writing for SEO.
Research Your Keywords
Keyword research is an essential part of SEO. Find the relevant keywords that your audience is likely to use. It always helps to inquire on your audience’s search intent in deciding which keywords to use.
Ask the questions:
- What are your audience’s habits?
- What information do they need?
- What information will they find valuable
- What are the likely keywords they will use for searching?
Useful and Interesting Content
Valuable content is either useful or interesting or both! People use search engines to look for information that they need or information that they are curious about. In choosing a topic, the end-goal should always be to provide this kind of value to your audience. There are a couple of things you can do about this. You can:
- Write about FAQs. Unlike a dedicated FAQ page, a blog post gives you the opportunity to discuss a frequently asked question at length. If you are a local coffee shop, millennials and Gen Z customers will be curious about where and how you source your coffee beans. Writing about the process and the people involved is a great idea for blog content.
- Write content about recent trends from a specific perspective. For example, if you are a software company, you can write about the recent update on Facebook Libra and how it can potentially affect online transactions with software consumers.
- Write about tips. These types of blog posts may not be directly promotional but they are valuable to your audience. This also helps reinforce your website as a credible source of information regarding matters related to your product or service outside your brand.
Readability is Everything
The golden rule in content writing is to write something that you would read from start to finish. Content writing should be user-centered. That means readability is everything. The easier it is to understand your article, the better it is for SEO.
The rules of writing make a huge difference here. Using active voice instead of passive voice, varying sentence length, and getting rid of unnecessary adjectives and adverbs all play a key role in the readability of content. They make your blog post much more readable.
Structure is Key
To get your blog posts to rank higher, it helps to have a clear structure. No one likes to read huge blocks of text online. It strains the eyes. Here are a couple of tips you can use:
- Write an introduction
- Divide your article into subheadings
- Write a concluding paragraph
- Put a call to action in your last paragraph.
At the end of the day, content writing for SEO really is just all about writing valuable content for your audience. Your target market is the star. Everything you decide to write about must be guided by their preferences.
Looking for an SEO service provider? Look no further. We’ve got your back.